|[we're the three best friends that anyone could have]|
Two tangents converge.
Tangent numero uno: My friends always tell me that I should write a book about all the ridiculous (and ridiculously embarrassing) things that happen to me ... onlyyyyy me. One friend has even stated that my text inbox has got to be the most interesting in the world. I might even agree with her.
Tangent numero dos: Do you read The Daybook? If you don't, shame on you and get over there pronto. Sydney is one of the most witty + authentic bloggers out there if you ask me! She was actually one of the first blogs I began regularly reading, and because of Sydney, Thursday is one of my favorite days because it's awkward & awesome! Pure genius. So I thought I'd do my own little rendition of awkward & awesome today because I've got some prime material for y'all. Just a few nuggets ... baby steps ...
- Waking up to a letter stuck on my windshield from Emil saying that he "lightly bumped" into my car. Little does he know "lightly bumping" into a space is how I occasionally parallel park anyway since my car doesn't have fancy a back-up camera (kidding...most of the time) ... that and the fact that I already have deer antler dents in my back passenger door. That's right, the deer ran into me.
- In the middle of an in depth phone convo, the effects of chugging a bottle of water kick in and nature calls. So I do what any normal person does, let the other person keep talking, mute the phone, do your thang, and unmute. Works like a charm ... unless you hit 'speaker' instead of mute. holy.epic.fail.of.all.time.
- This happened a couple of weeks ago, but funny none-the-less. At the airport getting ready to fly to New Orleans (a one hour flight from Houston. what a joke.) I'm in vacation mode, so I sit and have myself a margarita. About 20 minutes til take off, I mosey over to find my gate. It's empty. There is no one there! What the ... I mixed up my gate number with my seat number and then had to literally run across the airport to make my flight. I was that girl.
- Emil left his phone number on his little note. Good, honest people really do still exist!
- Finding my birthday partay dress at Anthro. On sale. Bam.
- Little brother moves off to college this weekend! Bitter sweet. So proud. Extremely jealous he's about to have the best four (and a half? five?) years of his life.
- Brutally cleaning out my closet, getting some pretty cash for my old clothes. Feels so good to declutter! And now it's time to go shopping!
Woo Thursday! And Friday, you are so close!